Relative inclinometer sample
Shows how to use the Windows.Devices.Sensors.Inclinometer class for the Relative Inclinometer sensor.
Note: This sample is part of a large collection of UWP feature samples. You can download this sample as a standalone ZIP file from docs.microsoft.com, or you can download the entire collection as a single ZIP file, but be sure to unzip everything to access shared dependencies. For more info on working with the ZIP file, the samples collection, and GitHub, see Get the UWP samples from GitHub. For more samples, see the Samples portal on the Windows Dev Center.
This sample allows the user to view the angles of incline about the X-, Y-, and Z-axes for a 3-axis relative inclinometer. (The incline about the X-axis corresponds to the pitch value; the incline about the Y-axis correspond to the roll value; and the incline about the Z-axis corresponds to the yaw value.) You can choose one of two scenarios:
- Relative inclinometer data events
- Polling relative inclinometer readings
Relative Inclinometer Data Events
When you choose the Enable button for the Data Events option, the app will begin streaming relative inclinometer readings in real time.
Polling Relative Inclinometer Readings
When you choose the Enable button for the Polling option, the app will retrieve the current sensor readings.
- Windows 10
Build the sample
- If you download the samples ZIP, be sure to unzip the entire archive, not just the folder with the sample you want to build.
- Start Microsoft Visual Studio and select File > Open > Project/Solution.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+B, or select Build > Build Solution.
Run the sample
The next steps depend on whether you just want to deploy the sample or you want to both deploy and run it.
Deploying the sample
- Select Build > Deploy Solution.
Deploying and running the sample
- To debug the sample and then run it, press F5 or select Debug > Start Debugging. To run the sample without debugging, press Ctrl+F5 or selectDebug > Start Without Debugging.