Splash screen sample
Shows how to imitate the splash screen that Windows displays for your app by positioning a similar image correctly when Windows dismisses the splash screen that it displays.
Note: This sample is part of a large collection of UWP feature samples. You can download this sample as a standalone ZIP file from docs.microsoft.com, or you can download the entire collection as a single ZIP file, but be sure to unzip everything to access shared dependencies. For more info on working with the ZIP file, the samples collection, and GitHub, see Get the UWP samples from GitHub. For more samples, see the Samples portal on the Windows Dev Center.
This sample demonstrates these tasks:
- Responding when the splash screen dismissed event fires
- Extending the splash screen
Important APIs in this sample include:
To obtain an insider copy of Windows 10, go to Windows 10.
Client: Windows 10
Server: Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview
Phone: Windows 10
Build the sample
- If you download the samples ZIP, be sure to unzip the entire archive, not just the folder with the sample you want to build.
- Start Microsoft Visual Studio and select File > Open > Project/Solution.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+B, or select Build > Build Solution.
Run the sample
The next steps depend on whether you just want to deploy the sample or you want to both deploy and run it.
Deploying the sample
- Select Build > Deploy Solution.
Deploying and running the sample
- To debug the sample and then run it, press F5 or select Debug > Start Debugging. To run the sample without debugging, press Ctrl+F5 or select Debug > Start Without Debugging.