SDS CSV File Validation Process
SDS has modified its CSV file validation process to make it more efficient for users. SDS will put CSV files through a basic followed by an advanced validation process.
Basic Validation Process
Basic validation errors are found as soon as files are uploaded and are related to format of files. These errors will show up on the file upload dialog box. If basic validation errors are found, SDS will not accept the files. Users are provided with a list of errors that need to be fixed. If there are no errors, files are accepted and advanced validation is triggered.
To pass “basic validation,” files must meet the following requirements:
- Header Exists in all files
- All Required Columns are present in all files
- No Duplicate Columns exist in all files
- The Required Data in Columns that are mandatory for sync are present
- The Required Data in Columns that are enabled for sync are present. Warnings will be displayed if missing.
Advanced Validation Process
During advanced validation, SDS looks for data errors in the files. For example, if a student is referenced in the studentenrollment file but the student is not present in the student file, this would show up as an advanced validation error. These types of errors will show up on the profile details page as “Critical errors blocking sync”. If advanced validation errors are found, SDS does not accept the files. Users are provided a list of errors that need to be fixed. If there are no errors, files are accepted and the sync is triggered.
For files to pass “advanced validation,” the following requirements must be met:
- The data in required columns are unique wherever applicable.
- The names in columns are as per the regex rules
- The date time provided is as per the standard format
- The reference mapping validations
Once the sync starts, if there are “sync errors,” SDS will flag them, and enable users to download as them as a CSV file.
Send feedback about: