Working with Assessment Results
Assessment recommendations may be reviewed once an assessment scheduled task has run and its recommendations and supporting details ingested into Azure Log Analytics.
Complete the steps in this section to navigate and work with assessment recommendations.
- Validate successful ingestion of recommendations into Azure Log Analytics
- Review assessment collected data reports
- Review assessment results in Azure Log Analytics
- Review assessment results on Services Hub assessment dashboard
- Download assessment reports from Services Hub assessment dashboard
- Create remediation plan for assessment results from Services Hub
Validate Successful Assessment
During collection and analysis, data is temporarily stored under the WorkingDirectory folder that was configured during setup. Go to data collection machine On-Demand assessment working directory (e.g. c:\ODA) for the configured assessment(s) and click on the assessment folder (example: ADAssessment).
After the conclusion of the assessment execution, several files should be observed. For example:
After several minutes, the health service will begin ingesting these files into Azure Log Analytics and rename them to processed as the following set of files illustrates:
After a few hours your assessment results should be available on your Azure Log Analytics assessment dashboard.
Review assessment collected data reports for partcipating assessments
Some assessments include collected data reports, which can be used for inventory purposes, to corroborate assessment findings, and to support PFE led delivery conversations. For the participating assessments the reports may be found on the data collection machine in the report output folder under the WorkingDirectory folder that was configured during setup. Go to data collection machine On-Demand assessment working directory (e.g. c:\ODA) for the configured assessment(s) and click on the assessment folder (example: ADAssessment). There should be a numbered folder, inside of which will be all the folders used during assessment execution. This path will contain a report output folder on participating assessments which will contain the collected data reports.
An example path from the AD assessment: PS C:\oda\adassessment\1301829\ReportOutput> get-childitem -name
Review assessment results in Azure Log Analytics
All resources > Select Azure Log analytics workspace created > Workspace Summary
Services Hub Assessments Page
Once you've linked your Services Hub to an Azure Log Analytics workspace and configured an assessment you can access and view your assessment information from the Services Hub. To view your personalized assessment page, select Health from the primary navigation, and then click Assessments. Here you'll find all your configured assessments with top-level data pulled from Azure Log Analytics.
Note: Only users that have access to Azure Log Analytics will be able to see the assessment data as we are following the security rules in place for Azure Log Analytics. For access, please contact the Azure owner in your organization.
Downloading the reports from Services Hub
In the Primary Navigation click IT Health, then select On-Demand Assessments. On the Assessments page, choose the assessment, then click Download Executive Summary, or click Download All Recommendations to view reports.
Remediation Plan creation in Services Hub
To create a remediation plan, follow the steps below:
- From the Primary Navigation, click IT Health then select Remediation plans.
- On the Plans page, click Create a new plan
- Select Choose an existing template > Choose the respective technology > Click Next
- Choose the following for the below attributes:
- Plan Template: Select the respective technology
- Owner: Your email ID
- Target Date: Select a future Date by which you want to finish the remediation execution.
- Members: Can add members of your org if you want to share the Plan with them.
- Click Save
- Click Add Recommendations
6. Once the recommendations are added. It should have all the issues from Azure portal with respect to the Focus areas.
7. Now you an edit the issue, target date, change the status of issue by clicking the individual issues as shown in the image below:
8. You can use the Remediation plan for tracking the issues progress, assigning the issues to the respective stakeholder.
Continue getting started with On-demand Assessments by reviewing the Additional Azure Log Analytics Information article in the Table of Contents.
For general feedback on the Resource Center or content, please submit your response to UserVoice. For specific requests and content updates regarding the Services Hub, contact our Support Team to submit a case.