Services Hub Releases
Below you will find all the recent Services Hub releases by month for the past twelve months.
Share your Services Hub ideas with Microsoft Ideas
Have ideas for new features or improvements for Services Hub? Easily share your ideas with the team and vote on other ideas to share your support and help our team prioritize new work.
Learn more about our feedback features by visiting the Feedback documentation. Feedback.
Build customizable reports with Services Hub Open Canvas
Easily build customizable, self-service reporting using a curated dataset against your support data – enabling you to explore, share, and deepen your insights with your team. With Services Hub Open Canvas, Unified and Premier customers have an easy-to-use, comprehensive, on-demand reporting experience with the ability to design custom reports or leverage and customize report templates created and shared by other users.
Open Canvas Empowers you to:
- Use your data to analyze trends and identify root cause issues
- Maintain and optimize systems to prevent issues and minimize disruption
- View reactive support and outage information
- Services Hub administrators control access to the Open Canvas reporting experience
- Set your reporting scope for Azure Subscription cases with the Manage Subscriptions feature
- Zoom-in to just the data you need the most with the Focus Areas feature
- Leverage pre-built reports with Shared Canvas
- Author your own report using the report editor with the Create a Report feature
- Export data from your reports
To learn more about this new reporting experience, visit our Open Canvas documentation Open Canvas Insights.
Remove Case Recommendations from Services Hub
Removing the rarely used trending recommendations feature. Due to rare usage, the algorithm isn’t providing the correct trending data recommendations via machine learning. Also removing Incident Trend Analysis (people/process/technology) from the chart graph "Number of support requests"
- Better User Experience and Performance
- Easier to support
- Changes on landing page such as removal of search button, whole name in upright corner instead of just first name.
Workspace in degraded state banner
A new red banner will be displayed at the top of your Services Hub workspace that says, "Workspace degraded This workspace does not include an active support enabled package and cannot be used to create a support request. Please contact your Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM)."
Services Hub Feedback
New Services Hub Feedback experience now available
Users can now share product feedback directly in Services Hub. Using the Feedback button in the primary navigation, use the dialog box to rate your satisfaction and provide additional comments to the team around Services Hub.
Self-service newsletter management now available
Customers subscribed to receive Microsoft Services newsletters, which were previously setup exclusively through their Customer Support Account Manager (CSAM), can now manage these subscriptions directly inside the Services Hub Profile page. This provides the ability to self-service from the catalog of Premier and Unified communications. To learn more, visit the Self-service Newsletter Management documentation.
Newsletter management capabilities available in a user’s Profile page
As an individual user, if your organization is enrolled in the service, you’ll see the following capabilities inside the Communications settings of your Services Hub Profile page:
- List all newsletters a user is actively subscribed to, allowing them to remove themselves if desired
- Display the catalog of available newsletters, allowing a user to subscribe themself if desired
- Apply filters (title/subject/frequency/type/language) inside the newsletter catalog to easily search available newsletters.
Newsletters management capabilities available in Admin Center
As a Global Administrator for your organization’s Unified or Premier agreement, if your organization is enrolled in the service, you’ll see the following capabilities inside the Newsletter section of your Services Hub Admin Center Customer settings:
- Display all newsletters where users are subscribed
- Display the catalog of available newsletters, allowing a user to subscribe a user if desired
- Display the list of users & customer managed distribution lists that are subscribed to the service and which newsletters they receive
- Apply filters (title/subject/frequency/type/language) inside the newsletter catalog to easily search available newsletters
- See the list of subscribers for each newsletter
- Global Administrators can add one or more subscribers for a newsletter by entering their email address.
Preferred email address
The preferred email address allows Services Hub to validate a user's communication preferences and is required for some features on Services Hub. If a user has not completed this step as part of setting up their Profile, we have moved the notification to the “Preferred email address” field on the Profile page so users can easily identify how to resolve this issue.
- The banner notification is now visible on the Profile page
- The banner notification now includes the ability to resend the preferred email address. notification.
- Resolved a bug intermittently affecting customers where users being set as support contacts did not receive reactive support case creation abilities.
Customer Activity page improvements
- Improved the logic on displaying reactive support cases. This will assign cases previously listed in the Additional Cases list to their correct package association.
- Updated the Customer Activity Page to display description and consumption details of new services when they are part of a customer's agreement.
Customer Activity Page Education Reporting Enhancements: Removing Individual User Progress
The Customer Activity Page recently added reporting of individual user’s progress consuming learning activities. Customers now have the option to remove this reporting if they would prefer to maintain the privacy of a user’s education progress. To have this enabled, please reach out to your Customer Success Account Manager.
Manage Users page improvements
- Resolved a bug intermittently affecting customers where users being assigned as Support contacts did not receive reactive support case creation abilities.
- Improved banner notifications and email templates for CSAMs and customers
Management and Sign-in experience improvements
New FAQs for Services Hub users have been released on the sign-in page. These FAQs will provide users with more assistance in signing into Services Hub. Access the new FAQs here or click the "Need help signing in?" link on the Services Hub sign-in page.
Assistance with Services Hub setup issues
Customers who cannot open support requests because their Services Hub isn’t correctly setup will now see a banner at the top of their landing page informing them that their workspace is in a degraded state. A link to contact their CSAM will also be provided to request help remediating this issue.
Built-in Proactive Services tile in Customer Activity Page
If part of their agreement, Unified Advanced Support & Unified Performance Support customers will now see a link inside the “Built-in Proactive Services” tile to navigate directly to the list of available services that can use this entitlement.
Consent flyout panel updates
- Enhanced the look and feel of the Consent flyout for managing access to your cloud subscriptions
Services Hub Site Help
Contact Us experience updates
- Updated the Product Category taxonomy for easier navigation
Self-help now available during Services Hub application
Users opening a support case for Services Hub site experiences will now be presented with Self-help information to provide solutions to common questions.
Training Management updates
Enhanced the new learning management experiences to improve usability when managing learning assignments. Learning managers and CSAMs can now extend and edit assignments inline for improved flexibility when performing training management.
- Extend due date for specific individuals within an assignment
- Cancel for specific individuals within an assignment
Enhanced Solutions now displayed in the Services Catalog
Unified Support & Premier Support customers can now see Enhanced Solutions inside the Services Catalog page.
- Enhanced Solutions are now searchable in the catalog.
- Proactive Accelerators are now searchable in the catalog.
- A new ‘Service Type’ pivot is available for Enhanced Solutions.
Customer Activity page progress status
Customer Activity Page users can now view progress for individual users who are consuming Learning on Demand content.
Case creation available for Greater China
Users in the Greater China Region, Taiwan, Korea, & Japan can now submit cases for on-prem and China Cloud (21vianet) products requiring 24x7 support online through the case creation experience. Previously, these users had to submit these support requests via telephone.
Support Request details move to React
Support Request details move to React. Improvements include:
- Improved case communications experience
- improved and simplified sharing capabilities
- Improve description and request details view
Services Hub Site Help
Self-help now available during Services Hub site help case creation
Users opening a support case for Services Hub site experiences will now be presented with self-help information to provide solutions to common questions.
Training Management updates
Enhanced the new learning management experiences to improve usability when creating, tracking, or cancelling learning assignments. Learning managers can now edit an assignment to add/remove users or user groups alongside extending the due date for a learning activity.
Learning Management page:
- Learning managers can now filter an assignment by “Assigned To” and “Progress” for actionability
- Editing or cloning a learning assignment will now display a fly-out panel for adjusting learners and due date
- Added inline controls for directly accessing the assignment details page
- Added inline controls for directly editing learning assignment’s users and due date
- Added inline controls for directly cancelling a learning assignment
- Added inline controls for directly cloning a learning assignment to easily provide a duplicate version for other users or user groups.
- Courses displayed in the ‘My Courses’ tab now include a button to access the Assignment Details page
View Assignment details:
- Learning managers now can edit an assignment to add/remove users or user groups as applicable alongside extending the due date or cancel an assignment if not applicable
- Learning managers can now cancel an assignment that might not be assigned as expected or not applicable.
- Learners can now view detailed meta data on the content assigned including “Assigned by”. This allows them to contact the Learning manager in case the due date needs to extended, course needs to be canceled as it got assigned by mistake, etc.
- Added a breadcrumb navigation for quickly navigating back to the Learning Management page
Case creation updates
- Users creating cases for GitHub as a product are now redirected to the GitHub portal for faster response
- Updated the severity titles and descriptions displayed when creating a support case to add consistency across cloud portals
- Improvements to case assignment logic, reducing the number of manual assignment actions required by CSAMs, IMs and Customers
Support landing page updates
- Improvement to consent deep detection for customers with over 1000 subscriptions
Removed the Contract Details page from the Services Hub navigation
- The legacy Contract Details page is officially retired in place of the Customer Activity page, which lets a user see the details of their support purchase and consumption.
New release note structure available
Our release notes have changed! Starting in August 2021, the new process will be live.
- Easily navigate each month's releases with the feature categories
- Quickly review updates made to Services Hub with the new streamlined, bullet approach
Admin Center UX Update Global Release
- The design of the Services Hub Admin Center has been modernized to improve setting discoverability while improving performance
To learn more, view the Admin Center documentation.
Learning Management Now Available
Microsoft Unified Support customers now can assign and share learning content within the Services Hub. This is performed by the Learning Manager, a new role inside Services Hub, who can assign any item listed within the Services Hub learning experience, including hands-on experiences from the Learning Campus, Services Hub Learning Paths as well as Microsoft Learn Modules and Learning Paths.
Learning Manager Capabilities:
- The ability to assign learning to individuals inside a workspace
- The ability to track progress as individual assignments are completed
- All tiles on the learn page now include a share button
- Added a progress tracker for quickly viewing progress towards completion
Learning User Experience:
- Learning assignments are now listed inside the Learning page
- Bookmark content for easy access later
- Share learning content quickly with teammates
- Progress against learning assignments is displayed inside the Learning page
To learn more, view the Learning Management documentation.
Manage Users Page: Learning Manager Role
- Added a granular permission for the Learning Manager inside the user permissions flyout
- All Services Admins have the Learning Manager role assigned by default
- All Customer Success Account Managers have the Learning Manager role assigned by default
- Workspace Administrators have the Learning Manager role greyed out as this is a default role
To learn more, view the Manage Users documentation.
Update Sirona Client to .Net 4.8
- Added .Net 4.8 support to the Assessment client
Services Hub Case Creation Tenant Mapping
- Improvements to on premises case creation
- Added TenantId to cases during case creation
- Improved setting discoverability while improving performance
We have been hard at work creating the best experience for you - our customers. Stay tuned for some great and exciting releases coming soon.
Shared File Page Updates
We are proud to release our new Shared File Experience on Services Hub. This experience represents a more intuitive and improved user experience with a results banner, additional page level sorting options, and confirm file delete capabilities using the React framework. These page improvements and transition to the React framework should result in a better file upload management experience on the page.
Sharing your ideas in Services Hub has changed
Your feedback matters to us! We use the feedback you provide to help drive improvements and the new features that you want. Our feedback experience is now different as Microsoft has retired the use of UserVoice. You now can reach out to your Microsoft representative to share any feedback and ideas with the Services Hub team.
From the Help menu in Services Hub, clicking “Share your idea” launches a webpage with more details of the deprecation of UserVoice. We are creating a new experience for you to share directly from Services Hub.
To learn more, view the Share your ideas documentation.
Services Hub - Manage Users Experience
We are proud to release our new User Management Experience on Services Hub. This experience represents a more intuitive and improved user experience with additional page level search and filtering options for registered and invited users, which separates new Services Hub user invitations from existing registered users. Applied changes to user roles and permissions are immediately reflected on the summary page for quicker validation. Users of this experience can now also view the most recent Services Hub login date for users and are able to differentiate between MSA and Live ID users. Other page improvements include an ability to perform quick edit/remove actions and ability to tailor users visible per page.
Service Incidents Experience now in limited preview
We are proud to announce the new Service Incident Communication Experience. This new experience promotes self-service and direct visibility to all incidents across the Microsoft cloud (Azure and Office 365) impacting your environments, empowering you to see the status of your incidents without having to submit support requests. This connected workflow engages a dialog between you and your Microsoft representatives. The single pane of glass view enlists active and resolved incidents with supportive filters on Impacted Cloud Service, Date, latest communication, etc. The inline flyout helps you navigate to various cases without having to context switch to multiple tabs.
This new experience is now in limited preview.
Manage support and build your knowledge wherever you go with the new Microsoft Services Hub Mobile App
The Microsoft Services Hub app lets you and your team stay updated on your most important support topics no matter where you are. It provides you with easy access to support insights and learning courses so you can take care of your support needs at your own pace.
With the Microsoft Services Hub app, you can:
- Create, manage, and view support requests from your mobile device
- Access thousands of learning titles so you can build your knowledge on the latest Microsoft technology from wherever you are
- Get alerted on important updates to your support requests and upcoming workshops with push notifications
Whether you’re at your office or on the go, the Microsoft Services Hub mobile app empowers you to take more control and gain better visibility of your support so you can focus on your most important business outcomes.
Some features may not be included in your support package. Please contact your account team for more information. Some Services Hub features or areas may not yet be available in the mobile app. Please stay tuned for additional version releases; check back to download the latest.
Download from your device's store below:
To learn more details, visit the Services Hub Mobile documentation here.
The Services Hub Learning Page has been updated
The Services Hub Learning landing page has been updated to a new modern look. This update is a step in bringing a consistent look and feel to the Services Hub experience. Moving forward new learning capabilities will leverage this updated look and feel and enable expanded learning scenarios within Services Hub.
With this update, we have also enabled WorkshopPLUS students to redeem their class training key from Services Hub directly. This means that a student has a single place to come to in order to see progress against on-demand courses, Microsoft Learn courses, on-demand labs, as well as instructor-led labs that they have recently taken.
New Services Hub overview videos now available
We are proud to announce the launch of our new and updated overview videos. These videos capture the value and benefits of our most popular features and can easily be shared with your team members and bookmarked for effortless reference later. You can see all of our videos in several places, including the Unified and Premier videos pages and at the top of the corresponding feature overview page.
Self Help available in the Services Hub
To save you time, we now provide guidance directly on the Services Hub Case creation experience that can help solve your support issues quickly. Several solutions for common support requests have been curated by Microsoft experts and are readily available in the Recommended solutions pane. This flyout appears after you select a supported product, such as SQL, and when one of these common solutions has been curated for that selection.
MS Learn Course Progress now viewable in Services Hub
The Services Hub team is pleased to announce that it is now possible to see your MS Learn progress alongside Services Hub Learning progress within Services Hub. This provides a more holistic view of your Microsoft on-demand learning completion and enables you to download a copy of your course completion information. This information will show up when your MS Learn User ID is the same as your Services Hub ID or when you have linked your MS Learn User ID to the Azure Active Directory account that you are using to access Services Hub. It is possible to link your accounts within your Microsoft Learn account profile settings under Account Management.
AAD individual users can now be added to Services Hub
We have brought forth the capability to add users from your AAD tenant on the Manage users page. All members from your AAD tenant can add other individuals from the same AAD tenant. The added user will get a "Welcome to the Services Hub" email and they can now go directly to Services Hub https://serviceshub.microsoft.com and have their first-run experience. No need to resend an invite if the user can’t find the original email and no more special links for invited users in order to come to Services Hub. Be added and welcome to your Services Hub experience. Stay tuned for Phase 2 to complete the experience so you can add security groups and Office 365 groups from your AAD tenant.
PVA Expansion on Services Hub
We are excited to announce the expansion of Virtual Support Agent (VSA) on the Services Hub Premier and Services Hub Support for Business portal. Until now, the Virtual Support Agent (VSA) supported Windows Commercial Content. Now, Services Hub has expanded the Virtual Support Agent to more commercial customers.
This launch empowers Microsoft’s Premier and Broad Commercial Customers with self-serve digital capabilities, thereby improving their overall support experience.
This release adds new products to the Virtual Assistant: SQL Server and Developer/Browser. See the table below to view new scenarios enabled with this launch.
|Startuperrors 17182 Protocolsdisabled||Client Sync Error|
|Startuperrors 7000 Accessdenied||Microsoft Edge Legacy Replacement|
|Startuperrors 1069 Login account issues||Client Sync Data Reset|
|Startuperrors 1814 Tempdbdriveissues||Client Sync AAD Tenant Configuration|
|Startuperrors 17058 Errorlog inaccessible||Client Sync Issue|
|Startuperrors 7000 missingsqlservr||Client Sync Check SyncDisabled Policy|
|Startup Issues||Client Identity|
|Startuperrors 17113 Master unavailable||Client Sync Check Account Status|
|Startuperrors 33566 SSLcertissue|
|Startuperrors 33565 SSLpermissue|
Customer Activity Page (aka self-serve CPOD)
We are excited to release the new Services Hub Customer Activity Page for our Unified and Premier customers. This page gives you the ability to view reporting at your convenience to understand what you have purchased and have had delivered against your current support agreements(s), without needing your CSAM to manually generate your CPOD report. This page has replaced the Contract Details Page previously available for Unified customers. Customer Administrators and CSAMs have access by default and can give access to other users.
For general feedback on the Resource Center or content, please submit your feedback to your Microsoft representative. For specific requests and content updates regarding the Services Hub, contact our Support Team to submit a case.