SharePoint Server 2019 development platform
This article contains details around supported development capabilities in the SharePoint 2019.
- Modern and classic pages
- Modern sites - modern team and communication site
- Classic sites are also supported
- Column formatting
- SharePoint Framework client-side web parts
- SharePoint Framework extensions in modern experiences
- Webhooks for list items
- "Tenant" scoped deployment of SharePoint Framework solutions
- ALM APIs for add-in and SharePoint Framework solution management
Not supported capabilities
- Site Designs and Site Scripts
- Hub sites
- Site collection app catalog
- "Tenant" properties
- Custom modern themes for communication site or modern team site
Supported SharePoint Framework version for the SharePoint 2019 will be SharePoint Framework v1.4.1 (except Microsoft Graph APIs). If you use the SharePoint Framework v1.7, you can target scaffolded solution to SharePoint 2019, which will ensure that packages are correct for your target environment.
Visual Studio 2017 v15.9 or includes SharePoint 2019 tooling extensions for SharePoint add-ins, farm solutions and sandbox solutions.
- [Community call where SharePoint 2019 developer platform is covered]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPmr7c2B0uk) YouTube video