Error in SharePoint Online when you create a calendar overlay
When you try to create a calendar overlay in Microsoft SharePoint Online by using a calendar from a SharePoint Online subsite, you receive the following error message:
Sorry, something went wrong An unexpected error has occurred.
To fix this issue, remove the ampersand (&) from the site that contains the calendar from which you want to create the calendar overlay. To do this, follow these steps:
- Browse to the site that contains the ampersand in the URL.
- Click the gear icon for the Settings menu, and then click Site settings.
- In the Look and Feel section, click Title, description, and logo.
- Remove the ampersand (&) from the Web Site Address field, and then click OK.
- Create the calendar overlay by using the new URL.
This issue occurs when the site that contains the calendar that you're creating the calendar overlay from contains an ampersand (&) in the URL.
Still need help? Go to SharePoint Community.