Filtering doesn't work for Managed Metadata column in SharePoint Online Tasks list
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Tasks list in SharePoint Online.
- The Tasks list has a Managed Metadata column which displays values from a term set.
In this scenario, when you try to filter the list using the Managed Metadata column, the list doesn't filter as expected. For example, no values that match the filter will be displayed.
To work around this issue, enable server rendering on the list view Web Part for the affected Tasks list. To do this, follow these steps:
- Browse to the affected page, and then open the page in edit mode.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the upper-right corner of the Web Part for the tasks list, and then click Edit Web Part.
- On the right side of the page in the Web Part properties controls, click the plus sign (+) on the Miscellaneous section, click to select the Server Render check box, and then click OK.
- Save the changes to the page.
You must follow these steps for each view for the Tasks list.
This is a known issue in SharePoint Online.
Still need help? Go to SharePoint Community.