0x80070005 error when you try to sync a SharePoint Online list in Outlook
You have a Microsoft SharePoint Online list or library that was previously configured to sync data with Microsoft Outlook through the Connect to Outlook feature. However, when Outlook tries to sync the list, you receive the following error message:
Task 'SharePoint' reported error (0x80070005): You do not have permission to view this SharePoint List <name of the SharePoint list or library>. Contact the SharePoint site administrator. HTTP 302.
To resolve this issue, delete the SharePoint Online list or library from Outlook, and then reestablish the connection to Outlook. To do this, follow these steps.
Delete the list or library from Outlook
- In the Mail section of Outlook, locate the SharePoint Lists folder in the navigation pane.
- Right-click the list that you want to remove the connection for, click Delete, and then click Yes to confirm that this is what you want to do.
This procedure removes the library only from Outlook, not from the SharePoint site.
Reconnect the SharePoint Online list or library to Outlook
- Browse to the SharePoint Online list that you want to reconnect to Outlook.
- On the SharePoint Online ribbon for the list, click Connect to Outlook in the Connect & Export section.
- When you're prompted to open a program on your computer, click Allow.
- If you're prompted to confirm the operation, click Yes.
Still need help? Go to SharePoint Community.