Creator of Microsoft Teams group is listed as a SharePoint admin
Consider the following scenario:
- You use Microsoft Teams to create a new group.
- You locate the SharePoint site of the created group.
- The activity web parts displays an activity for the site creation.
In this scenario, the activity mentions that the site was created by another user, for example:
"SomeUser created the site"
In certain scenarios, SharePoint can't retrieve the group owner. In these scenarios, SharePoint will list the first site administrator of the root site collection in the site creation activity.
To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Locate the tenant root site (for example, https://TenantPrefix.sharepoint.com).
- Locate Site Settings > Site Collection.
- Add your CompanyAdministrator as the first entry in the Administrators field.
Microsoft is aware of the issue and working to improve the user experience.
Still need help? Go to SharePoint Community.