Use the App SDK and the Trusted Application API to join an Online meeting - iOS
This article shows you how to enable the core Skype for Business Online anonymous meeting join scenario in your iOS app. Android developers should read Use the App SDK and the Trusted Application API to join an Online meeting - Android.
If the anonymous meeting your app joins is hosted in a Skype for Business Online service and your app is not enabled for Skype for Business preview features, then your app must get a discovery Url and an anonymous meeting token to join. This workflow requires that you create and deploy a Trused Application API-based service application that creates ad-hoc meetings, provides meeting join Urls, discovery Uris, and anonymous meeting tokens to the mobile apps that request them.
For mobile apps that enabled preview features: If the anonymous meeting your app joins is hosted in a Skype for Business Online service and your app is enabled for Skype for Business preview features, then your app can use a meeting Url to join. A Trusted Application API service application is not needed to complete the scenario in this case. To learn how to use a meeting Url, read Use the App SDK to join a meeting with an iOS device
Create and deploy a Trusted Application API-based service Application
The service application you create will give your mobile app access to the needed anonymous meeting join resources - discovery Url and anonymous meeting token. You'll use the RESTful Trusted Application API endpoint to schedule a meeting, get the discovery Url and token. The rest of this article describes how to enable your iOS app to call into such a service application. You can read more about the Trusted Appplication API to learn about all of the features of this Skype for Business service application api.
We've published two service application examples in GitHub to get you started.
Add anonymous online meeting code to your mobile app
Please read Implementing a Anonymous Client with the Skype App SDK - iOS. for the sample code. The sample code is taken from our GitHub Banking app sample. The example code steps include:
- Call into a service application sample to get a join Url for a new ad-hoc meeting that is created by the service application
- Use the join url to get an anonymous meeting token and a discovery Uri from the service application
- Call the joinMeetingAnonymously method, passing the two resources from the previous step.
- Show use of new Skype App SDK setEndUserAcceptedVideoLicense api that is required to proceed with features that potentially use video codecs.
- Get a Conversation object from the asynchronously returned AnonymousSession object.