Versioning and staying up to date
We anticipate that the SDK will be updated frequently with new capabilities.
- Once the SDK is generally available, we’ll make every effort to ensure API back-compatibility with previous versions. We will communicate any breaking changes clearly.
- To allow the SDK to move forward quickly, our guidance is to update to the latest SDK at your earliest convenience. Where an app is based on a version of the SDK that is older than six months, then you may need to update it so that:
- We can investigate an issue report
- It continues to work against Skype for Business Online or the latest Skype for Business Server CU; such occurrences should be rare and will be communicated with good notice.
- Fixes to bugs will typically be delivered only in new versions of the SDK and not back-ported to previous versions.