Azure Monitor Logs extension for Azure Data Studio (Preview)
This extension is currently in preview.
If you don't have an Azure subscription, create a free Azure account before you begin.
The following prerequisites are also required:
Install the Azure Monitor Logs extension
To install the Azure Monitor Logs extension in Azure Data Studio, follow the steps below.
Open the extensions manager in Azure Data Studio. You can either select the extensions icon or select Extensions in the View menu.
Type in Monitor logs in the search bar.
Select the Azure Monitor Logs extension and view its details.
How to connect to a Log Analytics workspace
Find your Log Analytics workspace
Find your Log Analytics Workspace in the Azure portal, then find the Workspace ID.
To set up an Azure Monitor Log workspace, follow the steps below.
Select New connection from the Connections pane.
Fill in the Connection Details information.
- For Connection type, select Azure Monitor Logs.
- For Workspace ID, enter in your Log Analytics Workspace ID.
- For Authentication Type, use the default - Azure Active Directory - Universal with MFA account.
- For Account, use your account information.
- For Database, select the same Workspace ID.
- For Server Group, use Default.
- You can use this field to organize your servers in a specific group.
- For Name (optional), leave blank.
- You can use this field to give your server an alias.
For more information about writing Azure Monitor Logs, visit Azure Monitor documentation