Azure Data Lake Store File System Task
The Azure Data Lake Store File System Task lets users perform various file system operations on Azure Data Lake Store (ADLS).
The Azure Data Lake Store File System Task is a component of the SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Feature Pack for Azure.
Configure the Azure Data Lake Store File System Task
To add an Azure Data Lake Store File System Task to a package, drag it from SSIS Toolbox to the designer canvas. Then double-click the task, or right-click the task and select Edit, to open the Azure Data Lake Store File System Task Editor dialog box.
The Operation property specifies the file system operation to perform. Select one of the following operations:
- CopyToADLS: Upload files to ADLS.
- CopyFromADLS: Download files from ADLS.
Configure the properties for the operation
For any operation, you have to specify an Azure Data Lake connection manager.
Here are the properties specific to each operation:
- LocalDirectory: Specifies the local source directory which contains files to upload.
- FileNamePattern: Specifies a file name filter for source files. Only files whose name matches the specified pattern are uploaded. Wildcards
- SearchRecursively: Specifies whether to search recursively within the source directory for files to upload.
- AzureDataLakeDirectory: Specifies the ADLS destination directory to upload files to.
- FileExpiry: Specifies an expiration date and time for the files uploaded to ADLS. Leave this property blank to indicate that the files never expire.
- AzureDataLakeDirectory: Specifies the ADLS source directory which contains the files to download.
- SearchRecursively: Specifies whether to search recursively within the source directory for files to download.
- LocalDirectory: Specifies the destination directory to store downloaded files.