SQL Operations Studio (preview) release notes
January 2018 (January Public Preview)
release date: January 17, 2018
The January Public Preview includes some feature suggestions and high-priority bug fixes. This release includes the following enhancements:
- Saved Server connections are available in the Connection Dialog.
- Enable Hot exit. Hot exit is off by default, to enable see Hot exit setting.
- Tab-coloring based on Server Group. Tab coloring is off by default, to enable see Tab color setting.
- Change Server name to Server in the Connection Dialog.
- Fix broken Run Current Query command.
- Fix drag-and-drop breaking scripting bug.
- Fix incorrect pinned Start Menu icon.
- Fix missing Azure Account branding icon.
For more information, see the Change Log.
December 2017 (December Public Preview)
release date: December 19, 2017
The December Public Preview includes several bugs fixes across all feature areas, as well as the following enhancements:
- Create Firewall Rule Dialog is now available to assist connecting to Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
- Added Windows Setup, and Linux DEB and RPM installation packages.
- Manage Dashboard visual layout editor.
- Script As Alter and Script As Execute commands.
- Run Current Query with Actual Plan command.
- Integrate VS Code 1.18.1 editor platform.
- Enable Sideloading of VSIX Extension files.
- Support "GO N" batch iteration syntax.
release date: November 15, 2017
- Initial release of
SQL Operations Studio (preview).
See one of the following quickstarts to get started: