SQL Operations Studio (preview) release notes
March 2018 (March Public Preview)
release date: March 28, 2018
The March Public Preview continues to address the top GitHub issues and is focused on improving our extensibility story. Specifically enabling Extension Manager, improving dashboard management, and providing SQL Agent and insights extensions. This release includes the following enhancements:
- Enhance the dashboard extensibility model to support tabbed insights and configuration panes.
- Add additional extensibility APIs for connection and object explorer management.
- Continue to fix important customer impacting GitHub issues.
For more information, see the Change Log.
February 2018 (February Public Preview)
release date: February 15, 2018
The February Public Preview includes some feature suggestions and high-priority bug fixes. This release includes the following enhancements:
- Introducing Auto-Update Installation, which provides a notification when a new release is available to download
- The Connection Dialog 'Database' field is now a dynamically populated drop-down list that will contain a list of databases populated from the specified server.
- Fix issue 6: Keep connection and selected database when opening new query tabs.
- Fix issue 22: 'Server Name' and 'Database Name' - Can these be drop downs instead of text boxes?
- Fix issue 549: Silent/Very Silent Install results in application opening after installation.
- Fix issue 481: Add "Check for updates" option.
- SQL Editor colorization and auto-completion fixes:
- Fix issue 584: Keyword "FULL" not highlighted by IntelliSense.
- Fix issue 345: Colorize SQL functions within the editor.
- Fix issue 300: [#tempData] latest "]" will display green color.
- Fix issue 225: Keyword color mismatch.
- Fix issue 60: Invalid sql syntax color highlighting when using temporary table in from clause.
- Introduce Connection extensibility API.
- VS Code Editor 1.19 integration.
- Update JustinPealing/html-query-plan component to pick-up several Query Plan viewer improvements.
January 2018 (January Public Preview)
release date: January 17, 2018
The January Public Preview includes some feature suggestions and high-priority bug fixes. This release includes the following enhancements:
- Saved Server connections are available in the Connection Dialog.
- Enable Hot exit. Hot exit is off by default, to enable see Hot exit setting.
- Tab-coloring based on Server Group. Tab coloring is off by default, to enable see Tab color setting.
- Change Server name to Server in the Connection Dialog.
- Fix broken Run Current Query command.
- Fix drag-and-drop breaking scripting bug.
- Fix incorrect pinned Start Menu icon.
- Fix missing Azure Account branding icon.
December 2017 (December Public Preview)
release date: December 19, 2017
The December Public Preview includes several bugs fixes across all feature areas, as well as the following enhancements:
- Create Firewall Rule Dialog is now available to assist connecting to Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
- Added Windows Setup, and Linux DEB and RPM installation packages.
- Manage Dashboard visual layout editor.
- Script As Alter and Script As Execute commands.
- Run Current Query with Actual Plan command.
- Integrate VS Code 1.18.1 editor platform.
- Enable Sideloading of VSIX Extension files.
- Support "GO N" batch iteration syntax.
release date: November 15, 2017
- Initial release of
SQL Operations Studio (preview).
See one of the following quickstarts to get started: