New and Recently Updated: SQL Server docs
Nearly every day Microsoft updates some of its existing articles on its Docs.Microsoft.com documentation website. This article displays excerpts from recently updated articles. Links to new articles might also be listed.
This article is generated by a program that is rerun periodically. Occasionally an excerpt can appear with imperfect formatting, or as markdown from the source article. Images are never displayed here.
Recent updates are reported for the following date range and subject:
- Date range of updates: 2017-09-28 -to- 2017-12-02
- Subject area: SQL Server.
New Articles Created Recently
The following links jump to new articles that have been added recently.
- SQL Server development partners
- SQL Server high availability and disaster recovery partners
- SQL Server managing partners
- SQL Server monitoring partners
- SQL Server 2012 SP4 release notes
Updated Articles with Excerpts
This section displays the excerpts of updates gathered from articles that have recently experienced a large update.
The excerpts displayed here appear separated from their proper semantic context. Also, sometimes an excerpt is separated from important markdown syntax that surrounds it in the actual article. Therefore these excerpts are for general guidance only. The excerpts only enable you to know whether your interests warrant taking the time to click and visit the actual article.
For these and other reasons, do not copy code from these excerpts, and do not take as exact truth any text excerpt. Instead, visit the actual article.
Compact List of Articles Updated Recently
This compact list provides links to all the updated articles that are listed in the Excerpts section.
Workaround: First, reboot the computer and check if the FILESTREAM network share is available. If the share is still not available, complete the following steps:
- In SQL Server Configuration Manager, right-click the SQL Server instance, and click Properties.
- In the FILESTREAM tab clear Enable FILESTREAM for file I/O streaming access, then click Apply.
- Check Enable FILESTREAM for file I/O streaming access again with the original share name and click Apply.
Master Data Services (MDS)
Issue and customer impact: On the user permissions page, when granting permission to the root level in the entity tree view, you see the following error:
"The model permission cannot be saved. The object guid is not valid"
- Grant permission on the sub nodes in the tree view instead of the root level.
- Run the script described in this MDS team blog error applying permission on entity level
- Issue and customer impact: Data connectors for the following sources are not yet avaialble for tabular models at the 1400 compatibility level.
- Amazon Redshift
- IBM Netezza
Issue and customer impact: Direct Query models at the 1400 compatibility level with perspectives can fail on querying or discovering metadata.
- Workaround: Remove perspectives and redeploy.
This section lists very similar articles for recently updated articles in other subject areas, within our public GitHub.com repository: MicrosoftDocs/sql-docs.
Subject areas which do have new or recently updated articles
- New + Updated (3+14): Advanced Analytics for SQL docs
- New + Updated (1+0): Analysis Services for SQL docs
- New + Updated (87+0): Analytics Platform System for SQL docs
- New + Updated (5+4): Connect to SQL docs
- New + Updated (0+1): Database Engine for SQL docs
- New + Updated (2+2): Integration Services for SQL docs
- New + Updated (10+9): Linux for SQL docs
- New + Updated (2+4): Relational Databases for SQL docs
- New + Updated (4+2): Reporting Services for SQL docs
- New + Updated (0+1): Samples for SQL docs
- New + Updated (21+0): SQL Operations Studio docs
- New + Updated (5+1): Microsoft SQL Server docs
- New + Updated (0+1): SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) docs
- New + Updated (1+0): SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA) docs
- New + Updated (0+1): SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) docs
- New + Updated (0+2): Transact-SQL docs
Subject areas which have no new or recently updated articles
- New + Updated (0+0): Data Migration Assistant (DMA) for SQL docs
- New + Updated (0+0): ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) for SQL docs
- New + Updated (0+0): Data Quality Services for SQL docs
- New + Updated (0+0): Data Mining Extensions (DMX) for SQL docs
- New + Updated (0+0): Master Data Services (MDS) for SQL docs
- New + Updated (0+0): Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) for SQL docs
- New + Updated (0+0): ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) for SQL docs
- New + Updated (0+0): PowerShell for SQL docs
- New + Updated (0+0): Tools for SQL docs
- New + Updated (0+0): XQuery for SQL docs