Tutorials for SQL Server
SQL Server provides tutorials to help you learn new technologies and features. Tutorials for earlier versions can usually be used with more recent versions. When tutorials address a newer feature, they will indicate the minimum version to complete the tutorial.
- If a tutorial uses one of the Adventure Works databases, you should download and use the most recent version from CodePlex. For more information, see AdventureWorks Databases and Scripts for SQL Server 2016 CTP3.
- Download a Power Pivot workbook and Power View reports to use with Power View tutorials, go to Power View Samples for SQL Server 2012.
- Check out the new Wide World Importers sample available on the sql-server-samples GitHub repository.
|Analysis Services Tutorials (SSAS)||Learn how to develop and deploy Analysis Services tabular or multidimensional models. Also learn how to use tools such as PowerPivot to analyze the data in the models.|
|Database Engine Tutorials||Learn how to connect to an instance of the database engine and then build and run Transact-SQL statements.|
|Enterprise Information Management Tutorials||Learn how to manage information in an enterprise using Microsoft EIM technologies.|
|Integration Services Tutorials||Learn how to create and deploy SSIS packages.|
|Replication Tutorials||Learn how to set up and run replication topologies using SQL Server Management Studio.|
|Reporting Services Tutorials (SSRS)||Learn how to create basic reports and subscriptions.|
|SQL Server R Services Tutorials||Learn how to work with SQL Server data using the R language, and run R scripts from Transact-SQL.|
Previously published tutorials:
- Stack Overflow (tag sql-server) - ask SQL development questions
- MSDN Forums - ask technical questions
- MSDN SQL Client Tools forum
- Microsoft Connect - report bugs and request features
- Reddit - general discussion about SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server License Terms and Information
- Support options for business users
- Contact Microsoft