Trim a video in Microsoft Stream
Microsoft Stream supports trimming Stream videos, including uploaded videos, live events, and Teams meeting recordings. The trimmed portions of the video are permanently removed.
Trim a video
In Stream, find the video that you want to trim. You can trim any videos that you own.
Click the More actions menu icon , and then click Trim video. This entry point is available in the video list view and on the video player page.
For live events, you will be asked if you want to trim as you are completing the event. If you choose not to trim at the end of the event, you can always return to the video and trim it later.
Set the trim points by dragging the trim handles.
You can also snap the trim point to the playhead by clicking on the Set trim start point or Set trim stop point buttons.
For longer videos, you may find it helpful to zoom in for greater precision in setting your trim point.
Click Apply. Your video will be trimmed and the unwanted content will be permanently removed. Trimming time varies based on the length and resolution of your video.
- Currently, any manual changes to transcripts will be lost if the video is trimmed. While we are working to resolve this soon, please trim videos first before making any changes to transcripts.
- Timecodes and forms in a Stream video are not automatically updated based on the trimmed time. Follow the steps to edit medadata or change the location of a form in a video to update these.
Trim is not available in all browsers. To use Trim, please use one of these browsers:
- Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
- Google Chrome on Windows 7 or higher, or on Mac OS 10.10 or higher
- Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8 or higher
- Firefox version 42 or higher on Windows 8.1 or higher
- Apple Safari 10 or higher on Mac OS 10.10 or higher