Embed Microsoft Stream videos in other apps
If you want to put a Stream video in an app or internal website, you can embed the video.
In Stream, select the Share icon from either the video page or when finding videos through search or browse.
Select the Embed tab and choose your desired options.
- Video size: Controls the size of the iframe for the video.
- Autoplay: Determines whether the video will play automatically or if the user must click Play to start it.
- Responsive: Determines whether the user can control the playing of the video.
- Start at: Provide a time code HH:MM:SS that the video should start at.
- By default, the time will pre-populate based on when you select the Share icon . You can play the video or seek to find the desired point and then select the Share icon .
- Alternatively, you can set the time by typing in the box.
Copy the embed code.
Permissions on your video
Only people authorized to see Stream content will be able to view it, even if it's embedded on another site.
- Stream attempt sto automatically determine the user's credentials if possible, however if the user is unknown, they will be prompted to sign in.
- When the user is known, the permission settings are also maintained to ensure only authorized users can watch, maintaining security and permissions.