Install Windows 10 Team 2020 Update
The new Surface Hub operating system, Windows 10 Team 2020 Update, based on Windows 10 version 20H2, is now available for Surface Hub 2S and the original Surface Hub (v1).
You can obtain Windows 2020 Update using one of the following methods:
- Windows Update for Business.
- Bare metal recovery (BMR) image. Recommended option for customers who join their devices to Azure Active Directory or don’t allow their devices to receive updates from the internet. To get started, see Download a recovery image for your Surface.
- Windows Update. Availability varies by region/country, as noted in the following table:
|1||NZ, Australia, Canada, Belgium, Mexico||October 2020|
|2||UK, Japan, Switzerland, Italy||November 2020|
|3||Germany, Netherlands||Late February 2021|
|4||Global||Early March 2021|
Servicing Surface Hubs with Windows 10 Team Edition version 1703
Full servicing support for Windows 10 Team Edition version 1703 is scheduled to continue until March 16, 2021.
Customers in all regions can update their Surface Hub 2S devices to the 2020 Update through Windows Update, Windows Update for Business or by using the bare metal recovery (BMR) image, as explained in Reset and recovery for Surface Hub 2S.
Customers in all regions can update their Surface Hub v1 devices to the 2020 Update through Windows Update, Windows Update for Business, or by using the Surface Hub Recovery Tool. KB5000749 must be installed in order to receive the update over-the-air. To learn more, see Surface IT Pro Blog.
Windows 10 Team 2020 Update brings major improvements to device deployment and manageability along with the latest Windows features. To learn more, see What's new in Windows 10 Team 2020 Update.
Before you begin
Prior to installing Windows 10 Team 2020 Update, make sure you save the BitLocker key associated with your device.
To manually save your BitLocker key
- Insert a USB drive into Surface Hub.
- On Surface Hub, open Settings and enter your admin credentials when prompted.
- Navigate to Update & Security > Recovery.
- Under BitLocker, select Save. The BitLocker key is saved to a text file on the USB drive.
To learn more, see Save your BitLocker key.
Submit and view feedback for