Flight Simulator X stops responding (hangs) on the loading screen
This article provides a solution to an issue where Microsoft Flight Simulator X stops responding on the loading screen.
Original product version: Windows 10 - all editions
Original KB number: 975084
When you start Flight Simulator X, the game stops responding (hangs) on the loading screen.
To resolve this issue, rename the Logbook.bin file. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start.
- Click My Documents or Documents.
- Double-click the Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files folder to open it.
- Right-click the Logbook.bin file, and then click Rename.
- Rename the file to Logbook.OLD, and then press ENTER.
- Start Flight Simulator X to create a new Logbook file.