Check out Anant's blog post over at Dynamic Datacenter Alliance blog. He writes about updates to System Center Operations Manager and SC Virtual Machine Manager. These updates were made this week at MS Management Summit. Here's an excerpt from Anant's blog:
**_System Center Virtual Machine Manager
· Service lifecycle management, including creation, deployment and updates to cloud apps/services - Leverages app virtualization technology and service modeling to perform image-based service composition, deployment and updates.
· Creation of private clouds - Enables “Infrastructure as a Service” for the enterprise datacenter and allows self-service scenarios; discovery and assignment of logical/virtualized network and storage pools to apps/services
· Federation across clouds - Enables workload mobility between on-premises, service provider and public clouds (e.g. Windows Azure) in a secure manner
· Policy-based dynamic resource optimization – Ensure optimal utilization of your datacenter resources (e.g. policy driven power management), deeper Operations Manager/PRO integration
· Deeper Opalis Integration – Offers deeper integration with Opalis for enhanced orchestration and automation across multiple sub-systems
**_System Center Operations Manager
· Unified on-premises and cloud monitoring - Enables hybrid cloud deployment scenarios with “single pane of glass” monitoring
· Outside-in/end user experience monitoring for geo distributed cloud services (based on synthetic transactions)
· Service oriented network and storage monitoring (e.g. monitor and troubleshoot network and storage resource pools assigned to services)
Also check out this video I recorded to get additional information on our Datacenter vision and SCOM/VMM vNext.