Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova
- Simplified installation of a complete Apache Cordova development environment.
- Create and manage Apache Cordova application projects for Android, iOS, and Windows in Visual Studio.
- Add or remove Cordova plugins to/from their Cordova application projects.
- IntelliSense for Cordova APIs.
- Test Cordova applications in the browser, emulators, simulators and physical devices.
- Debug Cordova web application content using the Visual Studio debugger.
- Support multiple versions of Apache Cordova.
The most unique capability is the tool's ability to deliver live debugging of Android, iOS, and Windows Cordova applications, all from within the IDE. Use the Visual Studio debugger to attach to iOS, Android, and Windows apps, hit breakpoints, and inspect code using the console and DOM Explorer. Support for iOS development is provided through
remotebuild, a package that runs on a remote Apple Mac OS development system.
The Visual Studio installer identifies and installs the right versions of the required SDKs, tools, and libraries that you need to build Apache Cordova applications using Visual Studio.
Get the tools
Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova is installed using the standard Visual Studio installer which you can download from the Microsoft Download Center. Refer to Install Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova for complete installation instructions. Start writing your first Cordova app using Create Your First App Using Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova.