Message Properties dialog box
Applies to: Visual Studio Visual Studio for Mac Visual Studio Code
Use this dialog box to find out more about a specific message. To display this dialog box, move the focus to a Messages View window. Select any message node in the tree, then choose Properties from the View menu.
The General tab is the only tab displayed. The following settings are available:
- Window Handle: The unique ID of this window. Window handle numbers are reused; they identify a window only for the lifetime of that window. Click this value to view the properties of this window.
- Nesting Level: Depth of nesting of this message, where 0 is no nesting.
- Message: Number, status, and name of the selected windows message.
- lResult: The value of the lResult parameter, if any.
- wParam: The value of the wParam parameter, if any.
- lParam: The value of the lParam parameter, if any. This value is decoded if it is a pointer to a string or structure.
- Message Options dialog box: Used to select which messages are listed in the active Messages view.
- Message Search dialog box: Used to find the node for a specific message in Messages view.
- Spy++ reference: Includes sections describing each Spy++ menu and dialog box.
- Opening Messages View from Find Window: Explains how to open Messages view from the Find Window dialog box.
- Searching for a message in Messages View: Explains how to find a specific message in Messages view.
- Messages View: Displays the message stream associated with a window, process, or thread.
- Spy++ Views: Explains the Spy++ tree views of windows, messages, processes, and threads.
- Using Spy++: Introduces the Spy++ tool and explains how it can be used.
Submit and view feedback for