Internet resources used by Visual Studio
Visual Studio is a connected environment:
- You can sign in to Visual Studio to enable access to all the services associated with your user account, as well as all the accounts that are linked to that account. Your account settings roam with you wherever you use Visual Studio.
- Visual Studio notifies you when any component of your installation, such as an SDK, has an update available.
- You can download NuGet packages to obtain libraries.
- You can download Visual Studio extensions.
- You can connect to Azure services.
- The Start Page is updated with the latest developer news from different websites.
The topics in this section pertain to the different ways Visual Studio uses internet resources.