Uninstall Visual Studio
This page walks you through uninstalling Visual Studio, our integrated suite of productivity tools for developers.
Find the Visual Studio Installer on your computer.
For example, on a computer running Windows 10 Anniversary Update, select Start and scroll to the letter V, where it is listed as Visual Studio Installer.
On some computers, the Visual Studio Installer might be listed under the letter "M" as the Microsoft Visual Studio Installer.
Alternatively, you can find the Visual Studio Installer in the following location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\vs_installer.exe
Click to start the installer, click the icon, and then click Uninstall.
Click OK to confirm your choice.
If you change your mind later and want to reinstall Visual Studio 2017, start the Visual Studio Installer again, and then select Install from the selection screen.
Uninstall Visual Studio Installer
To completely remove all installations of Visual Studio 2017 as well as the Visual Studio Installer from your machine, uninstall it from Apps & Features.
- Open Apps & Features. For example, in Windows 10, select Start, and in the search bar, type Apps and Features.
- Find Microsoft Visual Studio 2017.
- Click Uninstall.
Sometimes, things can go wrong. If your Visual Studio installation fails, see Troubleshooting Visual Studio 2017 installation and upgrade issues for step-by-step guidance.
We also offer a live chat (English only) support option for installation-related issues.
Here are a few more support options:
- Report product issues to us via the Report a Problem tool that appears both in the Visual Studio Installer and in the Visual Studio IDE.
- Share a product suggestion with us on UserVoice.
- Track product issues and find answers in the Visual Studio Developer Community.
- Use your GitHub account to talk to us and other Visual Studio developers in the Visual Studio conversation in the Gitter community.