This is not the latest version of Team Foundation Server. To download the latest release, please visit the current release notes for Team Foundation Server 2018 Update 3. You can change the language of this page by clicking the globe icon in the page footer and selecting your desired language.
In this article, you will find information regarding Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 4. Click the button to download.
To learn more about Team Foundation Server 2015, see the Team Foundation Server Requirements and Compatibility page.
Please see the TFS Install page for more information.
Release Date: September 10, 2019
Details of What's New in Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 4.2 Patch 3
- CVE-2019-1305: Cross site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Repos
Release Date: July 9, 2019
Details of What's New in Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 4.2 Patch 2
- CVE-2019-1072: Remote code execution vulnerability in work item tracking
Release Date: May 14, 2019
Details of What's New in Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 4.2 Patch 1
- CVE-2019-0872: Cross site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the Test Plans
Release Date: April 9, 2019
Details of What's New in Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 4.2
CVE-2019-0866: remote code execution vulnerability in Pipelines
This is a full upgrade, so you can upgrade directly to TFS 2015 Update 4.2. Please see the blog post for more information.
Release Date: February 28, 2018
Details of What's New in Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 4.1
This update fixes potential cross site scripting (XSS) and other security vulnerabilities in Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 4. See the blog post for more information. It is a full upgrade, so you can upgrade directly to TFS 2015 Update 4.1.
Release Date: April 11, 2017
Summary of What's New in Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 4
- Agile Bug Fixes
- Version Control Bug Fixes
- Build Bug Fixes
- Release Management Bug Fixes
- Testing Bug Fixes
- Administration Bug Fixes
- Marketplace Changes
Details of What's New in Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 4
- The @Today and @Me macros do not work correctly in non-English in the Kanban board card style rules.
- The inline add card experience on the Kanban board does not work correctly. For example, the Title field cannot be edited.
- If a user switches between two work items of the same type on the queries page before the HTML fields finish loading, the HTML field may become empty and the work item will become dirty.
- The Batch API, such as WorkItemStore.GetWorkItemIdsForArtifactUris(), may return incorrect results when called with many strings.
- When a customer has rules in the global workflow and tries to move them to a work item type definition, the following error occurs, "TF237090: Does not exist or access is denied".
- If a TFS instance has a collection with a space in the name and has a public URL that is different from the internal URL, inline images may be missing in work items when opened by another user.
- Work item tracking warehouse sync fails with a name conflict when field names only differ by a space replacing a "." or "_" (i.e. "My Field" and "My_Field").
- Work item tracking warehouse sync fails when a work item has a link comment that contains special characters, such as 0x0B.
- Destroying a very large team project or a very large TFVC source tree will time out and rollback.
- Renaming branch objects across projects may lose the parent relationships.
- The first check-in after configuring a Gated Check-in trigger for a build definition fails.
- The error, "An item with the same key has already been added", is shown while loading build tasks or queuing builds.
- The Windows build agent cannot build from Subversion repositories when running on 32-bit Windows.
- Build tasks are not updated when the extension is updated.
- In a release environment, if the All users in sequential order option is chosen and the approver order is changed, the definition is not marked dirty and cannot be saved.
- Users are unable to deploy a standalone test agent.
- When selecting a test plan, the source filter is null.
- When you mark a test case as paused then save and close the test runner, you cannot continue the test case when you return to the test.
- New for RTW: When link between a bug and a test result is deleted, the deletion date does not get updated in the warehouse.
- New for RTW: Customers who do not have permissions on the default area path will get an error "Sequence contains not elements" when viewing a build's test results.
- New for RTW: In the MTM tool, customers get an error "Failed to initiate clone operation" when trying to clone a test plan.
- New for RTW: Extensions are not able to access Test hub REST APIs.
- The admin console (TfsMgmt) may close unexpectedly during an upgrade.
- Code reviewers in non-English versions of TFS do not get an email when added to code reviews.
- The upgrade to TFS 2015 may fail with duplicate workspace names if an orphaned user has a workspace with same name as valid user.
- New for RTW: There can be performance problems when receiving notifications.
- New for RTW: The warehouse connection string points to the configuration database, instead of the warehouse database, after an upgrade, if the databases are on different SQL instances.
- In previous releases, customers using SSL offloading needed to add the X-Forwarded-Proto header on their load balancer. With this update, they can simply configure the public URL in TFSMgmt.exe to generate https:// URLs.
- The Jenkins Service Hook was incompatible with newer versions of Jenkins because of a new authentication pattern. With this release, newer versions of Jenkins are compatible.
- Installations of MS.TFS.Server are now supported.
- Paid Preview extensions are now supported on TFS 2015 through this update. Once installed they become free forever since out-of-box Commerce integration for extensions does not exist for TFS 2015. Additionally, any flag in the extension manifest not understood by the system is ignored and install will not be blocked.
We would love to hear from you! You can report a problem and track it through Developer Community and get advice on Stack Overflow. As always, if you have ideas on things you would like to see us prioritize, head over to UserVoice to add your idea or vote for an existing one.