Visual Studio 2019 for Mac version 8.10 Release Notes
Click the button to download the latest version of Visual Studio 2019 for Mac. For information on the system requirements see the see Mac System Requirements and Mac Platform Targeting and Compatibility guides.
For instructions on installing and updating Visual Studio 2019 for Mac, see the Install Visual Studio for Mac guide.
To learn more about other related downloads, see the Downloads page.
What's New in Visual Studio 2019 for Mac
Visual Studio 2019 for Mac Releases
- June 22, 2021 - Visual Studio 2019 for Mac version 8.10.3
- June 15, 2021 - Visual Studio 2019 for Mac version 8.10.2
- June 8, 2021 - Visual Studio 2019 for Mac version 8.10.1
- June 2, 2021 - Visual Studio 2019 for Mac version 8.10
Visual Studio 2019 for Mac Blog Posts
The Visual Studio Blog is the official source of product insight from the Visual Studio Engineering Team. You can find in-depth information about the Visual Studio 2019 for Mac releases in the following posts:
- Visual Studio for Mac 8.10 adds support for F# 5.0.
- Visual Studio for Mac 8.10 introduces a new NuGet Package Manager written using native Cocoa UI.
- Visual Studio for Mac 8.10 adds support for solution templates provided by
- Visual Studio for Mac 8.10 has
dotnet newproject template support enabled by default.
Refer to the Known Issues section.
Feedback and Suggestions
We would love to hear from you! You can report a problem through the Report a Problem option in Visual Studio for Mac IDE. You can track your feedback, including suggestions, in the Developer Community portal.
released June 22, 2021
Web and Azure
- We fixed an issue where a custom .NET Core SDK location was not preserved if it was a symlink.
- We have updated the Xamarin.iOS SDK to 22.214.171.124 and the Xamarin.Mac SDK to 126.96.36.199.
released June 15, 2021
- We fixed an issue where the commit selection in the Diff view never finishes loading.
- We fixed an issue that might cause an IDE crash.
Web and Azure
- We fixed an issue where the new .NET Core SDK could not be downloaded by the installer or updater.
released June 8, 2021
- We have fixed several reliability issues with Git and Xamarin.
Shell and Tools
- We have updated all translations.
- We have fixed several alignment issues in the Blame view.
Web and Azure
- We have updated the .NET Core SDK to 5.0.301 and 3.1.410 addressing CVE-2021-31957.
- We have fixed an issue where it was not possible to run with an external program.
released June 2, 2021
- We improved overall memory consumption and performance when working with large solutions.
- We updated Mono to 188.8.131.52 addressing the following:
- An issue on Big Sur which has caused Visual Studio for Mac to hang.
- .NET Core Remote Code Execution Vulnerability CVE-2021-24112.
- We fixed several reliability issues.
- We fixed an issue where the Call Stack tool window wouldn't show external code.
- We updated MSBuild to 16.9.0.
- We fixed an issue where unsaved code changes were not saved when debugging was started (F5).
Shell and Tools
- We fixed an issue where $(SolutionDir) was not defined when restoring large solutions.
- We fixed an issue where PackageReferences were updated unexpectedly.
- We added support for the
- We updated NuGet to 5.9.
- We fixed an issue where the code formatting of new .NET Core projects was not consistent.
- We fixed an issue where file tab tooltips were not shown.
- We fixed an issue where the integrated terminal window was not cleared when running an app again.
- We fixed an issue where Search and Replace buttons were disabled in Find in Files when a solution was selected.
Source Code Editing
- We fixed an issue where F# 4.7 language features didn't work.
- We fixed an issue where sending F# code to the F# Interactive tool window failed with an error.
- We fixed several issues with the new Quick Fixes UI (preview feature).
- We have removed the obsolete "Interpret tab keystroke as reindent command" setting which is not supported by the native editor.
- We fixed an issue where Unit tests were not running when used in nested classes.
Web and Azure
- We updated .NET Core SDKs to 5.0.203 and 3.1.409 addressing CVE-2021-31204.
- We have fixed an issue where creating .NET Core projects was failing when .NET 6 Preview 4 was installed.
- We fixed an issue where XAML Hot Reload changes were not synchronized with the device.
- We updated the Xamarin.iOS SDK to 184.108.40.206.
- We have updated Xamarin.Forms templates.
The following is a list of all existing known issues in Visual Studio 2019 for Mac version 8.10:
- Under certain conditions, a "System.EntryPointNotFoundException" exception appears when deploying Xamarin.Forms projects to an iOS device. We're currently working on a fix which will be released shortly.
- After installing the latest .NET 5 SDK, developers of .NET Core 3.1 apps might see an error indicating "The ASP.NET Core developer certificate is in an invalid state.". Running
dotnet dev-certs https --cleanthen
dotnet dev-certs https --trustfrom the Terminal will fix the issue.
- In rare cases, it's possible to be up to date with everything but the .NET Core 3.1.300 SDK. If you enter into this configuration and update to .NET Core 3.1.300 using the updater, the notification to update the .NET Core SDK will not disappear until the IDE is restarted.
- On Big Sur gRPC projects may fail to build with an error
protoc" exited with code 255. This is a problem with macOS platform detection in the gRPC.Tools NuGet package that is used by default in the project templates. A workaround is to update the gRPC.Tools NuGet package to version 2.34.0 or later.
- In some cases, Android projects may fail to build with an error
The Java SDK could not be found, please set the path to it in the Xamarin.Android SDKs settings panel. A workaround is to execute the following command in a Terminal:
mkdir -p ~/Library/Android/sdk.