Visual Studio subscriptions are available through the Microsoft Store
Visual Studio subscriptions are available through a variety of channels, including Volume Licensing, Cloud Solution Providers, the Visual Studio Marketplace, and Microsoft Store. This article will explore purchasing and activating subscriptions through the Microsoft Store.
How to buy subscriptions
Need help deciding which subscription is right for you? Check out our subscription benefits page.
Visual Studio subscriptions available through the Microsoft Store include:
Each of these subscription offers the option to make an initial purchase or to renew an existing subscription. Renewal pricing, which reflects a significant discount, is only available for existing subscriptions.
To qualify to renew subscriptions at the discounted renewal price, subscriptions should be renewed before they expire.
How to activate subscriptions
After you purchase a Visual Studio subscription through the Microsoft Store, you can begin the activation process from the payment "Confirmation Page" or "Confirmation Email" you received after your purchase.
- Click on Click here to sign in in the confirmation email or on the purchase confirmation page.
- You will be redirected to https://my.visualstudio.com/subscriptions/activate.
- Enter the email address that requires access to the Visual Studio subscription and click Continue.
- You may be redirected to one of two different sign-in pages depending on the type of account you are using:
- Subscribers using their personal "Microsoft Account" (MSA) will see the Microsoft Account password page.
- Subscribers using their work/school accounts will be redirected to their organization's sign-in page.
- Enter your password, or complete your organization's sign-in requirements.
- Upon successful sign-in, an "Activate Your Visual Studio Subscription" window will appear.
- Enter the product key information available from the payment "Confirmation Page" or "Confirmation Email" and click Activate.
- The subscription should now be visible on the Subscriptions page and you should have access to all your subscription benefits.
Support for Microsoft Store
If you have any questions about purchasing through the Microsoft Store, help is available. Contact Microsoft Store Support.
- Visual Studio documentation
- Azure DevOps documentation
- Azure documentation
- Microsoft 365 documentation
Once you have activated your subscription, visit the Benefits page to see all the tools, services, training and support benefits included in your subscription. We recommend setting up these benefits to get started: