The Chart control is a chart object that exposes events. When you add a chart to a worksheet, Visual Studio creates a Chart object that you can program against directly without having to traverse the Microsoft Office Excel object model.
Applies to: The information in this topic applies to document-level projects and VSTO Add-in projects for Excel. For more information, see Features available by Office application and project type.
Create the control
You can add Chart controls to a Microsoft Office Excel worksheet at design time or at run time in a document-level project.
Dynamically created chart objects are not persisted in the worksheet as host controls when the worksheet is closed. For more information, see Add controls to Office documents at run time.
The following events are available for the Chart control:
- Office development samples and walkthroughs
- Extend Word documents and Excel workbooks in VSTO Add-ins at run time
- Controls on Office documents
- Add controls to Office documents at run time
- Automate Excel by using extended objects
- How to: Add Chart controls to worksheets
- Bind data to controls in Office solutions
- Programmatic limitations of host items and host controls