How to: Add a Dialog box launcher to a Ribbon group
You can add a dialog box launcher to any group on a Ribbon. A dialog box launcher is a small icon that appears in a group. Users click this icon to open related dialog boxes or task panes that provide more options that relate to the group.
Applies to: The information in this topic applies to document-level projects and VSTO Add-in projects for the following applications: Excel; InfoPath 2013 and InfoPath 2010; Outlook; PowerPoint; Project; Visio; Word. For more information, see Features available by Office application and project type.
To add a dialog box launcher to a Ribbon group
Select the Ribbon code file (.vb or .cs file) in Solution Explorer.
On the View menu, click Designer.
In the Ribbon Designer, right-click any group, and then click Add DialogBoxLauncher.
Add code to the DialogLauncherClick event of the group to open a custom or built-in dialog box.
- Ribbon overview
- Access the Ribbon at run time
- Office development samples and walkthroughs
- Ribbon designer
- Ribbon object model overview
- Ribbon XML
- How to: Export a Ribbon from the Ribbon Designer to Ribbon XML
- How to: Change the position of a tab on the Ribbon
- How to: Customize a built-in tab
- How to: Add Controls to the backstage view
- Customize a Ribbon for Outlook
- How to: Get started customizing the Ribbon
- How to: Show Add-in user interface errors
- Walkthrough: Create a custom tab by using the Ribbon Designer
- Walkthrough: Update the controls on a Ribbon at run time
- Walkthrough: Create a custom tab by using Ribbon XML