As an admin for Microsoft Viva Insights or Workplace Analytics, you can set up and edit Manager settings to allow all measured people managers or a specified group of managers access to aggregate collaboration insights about their team. Only managers whose team meets or exceeds the Minimum team size setting can access Workplace Analytics. The size of the team counts the manager and all the employees who directly or indirectly report to that manager within the organization's reporting hierarchy.
The following are based on the latest organizational (HR) data that's been successfully uploaded and processed in Workplace Analytics:
- Measured managers - Total number of people managers who are assigned licenses in Workplace Analytics prior to October 2021 can view manager insights in Workplace Analytics. Managers who are assigned licenses starting October 2021, can view their team's insights in My Team within the Viva Insights app in Teams.
- Managers enabled - Total number of people managers who meet the minimum team size and have access to their team's insights.
- Minimum team size - You can set the minimum size of a team that a manager is allowed to view insights about and start plans for. The minimum size allowed is 10. This section also shows you how many measured managers currently have teams that are equal to or more than the minimum setting.
- Insights - You can select to allow all licensed managers access to aggregated collaboration insights about their teams. Or you can upload a .csv file that lists the email addresses for the managers you want to have access.
To configure manager settings
Only Viva Insights or Workplace Analytics admins can access Manager settings. Also, before managers can access Viva Insights in Teams or in Workplace Analytics, they must be assigned a license and have a team that meets or exceeds the Minimum team size setting.
In Leader & manager settings > Manager settings, select to change the switch On to allow managers with the minimum team size access to their team data in Viva Insights.
Select one of the following:
All managers - Allows all measured managers access.
Select managers (upload .csv) - Enables you to give specific managers access. You then need to:
- Create a .csv file that lists the email addresses for the select managers.
- Select Upload .csv to upload this list.
If you're allowing all managers access, continue to Step 4. If setting up access for select managers, select Download currently enabled manual upload manager list .csv to confirm which managers now have access. If an error occurs, such as an invalid email or an unlicensed manager, the .csv file will show the error for that manager.
In Minimum team size, you can change the minimum to a number more than 10 (which is the lowest setting allowed), which limits access to only those managers who have teams equal to or more than that number.
Changes to these settings will apply after one hour.