I want to add a custom tool window
- Create a VSIX project named FirstWindow.
- When the project opens, add a tool window item template named FirstWindow.
- In the Solution Explorer, right-click the project node and select Add / New Item.
- In the Add New Item dialog, go to Visual C# / Extensibility and select Custom Tool Window.
- In the Name field at the bottom of the window, change the tool window file name to FirstWindow.cs.
- Build the project and start debugging.
- In the Experimental Instance, go to View / Other Windows.
- You should see a menu item for FirstWindow. Click it.
- You should see a tool window with the title FirstWindow and a button saying Click Me!.