Create an Analytics widget for Visual Studio Team Services
- How to render trend lines associated with work item states
- How to query a dataset, whe a user will configure through the widget configuration view
- How to build and publish the widget to the VSTS marketplace With this information, you'll be able to create your own Analytics widget.
If you are looking for information about the Azure Analysis Services, see Azure Analysis Services.
This example provides a ready-made widget, covering basics from topics in Dashboards, Charting and Analytics. The following documents provide more grounding on details demonstrated in this example:
- Create a VSTS Widget Extension, reference the Widget extensions sample
- Render a VSTS Chart Control, reference Add a Chart
- Query OData from Analytics
Provide a configuration view
- Run simple analytics queries required by UI controls used for configuring a view.
- Manage state of configuration UI, with updates based on user actions, and with new data from Analytics queries.
- Render configuration UI using Typescript and React.
Render data within a Widget
To avoid excess complexity in the sample, we omitted certain technologies and practices, which a production widget should certainly include. The ui-fabric-react sample on github highlights a build process which exercises these details.