Create an Analytics widget for VSTS
- How to render trend lines associated with work item states
- How to query a dataset, whe a user will configure through the widget configuration view
- How to build and publish the widget to the VSTS marketplace With this information, you'll be able to create your own Analytics widget.
This example provides a ready-made widget, covering basics from topics in Dashboards, Charting and Analytics. The following documents provide more grounding on details demonstrated in this example:
- Create a VSTS Widget Extension, reference the Widget extensions sample
- Render a VSTS Chart Control, reference Add a Chart
- Query OData from Analytics
Provide a configuration view
- Run simple analytics queries required by UI controls used for configuring a view.
- Manage state of configuration UI, with updates based on user actions, and with new data from Analytics queries.
- Render configuration UI using Typescript and React.
Render data within a Widget
To avoid excess complexity in the sample, we omitted certain technologies and practices, which a production widget should certainly include. The ui-fabric-react sample on github highlights a build process which exercises these details.