Work effectively from your account hub
VSTS | TFS 2018 | TFS 2017.1
Feature availability: The features described in this topic are available from Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and TFS 2017.1 and later versions. To upgrade to TFS 2017.1, go to the Visual Studio downloads page.
From your account, you gain access to a number of page views that are particularly helpful if you work in several team projects. These pages provide quick access and filter functions to support your work within a single team project or work you're doing across several projects.
For example, you can quickly access and navigate to work of interest from the following Account hubs:
- Projects: Team projects and teams within the projects that you work in
- Favorites: Items—such as build definitions, repositories, shared queries, and more —that you've favorited
- Work items: Work items assigned to you, that you're following, or that you've recently viewed or updated
- Pull requests: Pull requests you've initiated or that are relevant to you across all team projects you work in
- Rooms: Team rooms you use to collaborate with other team members.
To access these pages, open your web browser and click the
You'll see something similar to the following welcome page.
Projects: Navigate to a team project
From the Projects page you can quickly navigate to a team project or a team that you've accessed or worked in previously. Projects are listed in the order you've last accessed, with the most recent five projects accessed appearing first. All projects you've accessed are listed within the All section.
As you hover over the project, you can click one of the links to go to the Home (dashboards), Code, Work, Build & Release, or Test hub of the team project. Click the star icon to mark the team project as a favorite.
Filter projects and teams
If a project isn't listed, you can find it by searching for it using the Filter projects and teams search box. Simply type a keyword contained within the name of a team project or team. Here we type Design to find the Contoso project Design team.
Add a team project
If you're an account administrator or are a member of the Project Collection Administrators group, the New Project button is shown. Click New Project to add a team project.
Favorites: Open items you've marked as Favorites
Open the Favorites page to quickly access any object or item that you've marked as a favorite.
Favorited objects include:
- Team projects
- Work item queries
- Plans (requires installation of the Delivery Plans extension)
- Build definitions
- Test plans
Mark an object as a favorite
- To mark a team project or team as a favorite, go to the Projects page and click the star icon next to the team or team project.
- To mark a query as a favorite, open the Work>Queries page and drag the query into the My Favorites area.
- To mark a plan as a favorite, open the Work>Plans page and click the star icon next to a plan.
- To mark a build definition as a favorite, open the Build&Release>All Definitions page and click the star icon next to the build definition.
- To mark a test plan as a favorite, open the Test>Test Plans page and click the star icon next to a test plan from the menu that shows All test plans.
Remove an item from your favorites list
To remove an item from your favorites list, click the favorited icon.
Filter the list of favorites
To filter the list, type a keyword in the Filter favorites box. The list will filter based on keyword matches to the title or team project name associated with the favorited item.
Work: View and open work items
Open the Work items hub to access the set of work items assigned to you or followed by you. The lists available from each page span all team projects that you work in.
Feature availability: For VSTS, you can access the Work items hub from a mobile device.
Your assigned work items
The Assigned to me page lists all work items assigned to you in the order they were last updated. To open or update a work item, click its title.
Work you're following
Click Following to open the page that lists all the work items you've marked to follow.
To stop following an item and remove it from your list, click the following icon.
Click My activity to open the page that lists all work items that you have recently viewed or updated.
Filter the list of work items
Similar to the Favorites page, you can filter the work pages by typing a keyword in the Filter your work items... box. The list will filter based on keyword matches to the work item ID, title, state, or team project name.
Pull requests: View and open pull requests
Open the Pull requests page to access any pull request that's relevant to you across all team projects you work in. Click Active or Completed to pivot between the active or completed set of pull requests. To initiate a pull request, click New pull request.
From each page, you're one click away from navigating to the branch or repository for a pull request. This mirrors capabilities on the team-project level Code>Pull Requests page.
Filter the list of pull requests
Similar to the Favorites page, you can filter the list by typing a keyword in the Filter pull requests box.
Rooms: Navigate to a team room
To open a team room, click Rooms. You'll see all the team rooms defined for the account. Click the name of a team room which you have access.
You only have access to those team rooms of which you are a team member.
To learn more about team rooms, see Collaborate in a team room.