What is VSTS?
Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) is a cloud service for collaborating on code development. It provides an integrated set of features that you access through your web browser or IDE client, including:
- Git repositories for source control of your code
- Build and release management to support continuous integration and delivery of your apps
- Agile tools to support planning and tracking your work, code defects, and issues using Kanban and Scrum methods
- A variety of tools to test your apps, including manual/exploratory testing, load testing, and continuous testing
- Highly customizable dashboards for sharing progress and trends
- Built-in wiki for sharing information with your team
In addition, the VSTS ecosystem provides support for adding extensions, integrating with other popular services, such as: Campfire, Slack, Trello, UserVoice, and more, and developing your own custom extensions.
Choose VSTS when you want quick setup, maintenance-free operations, easy collaboration across domains, elastic scale, and rock solid security. You'll also have access to cloud load testing, cloud build servers, and application insights.
Where do I start?
We've made it easy for you to start for free and try out our service.
Sign up for free by creating an account and then, either upload your code to share or source control, or begin tracking your work using Scrum, Kanban, or a combination of methods.
Try this next
To learn more, see these topics: