Change column options
VSTS | TFS 2018 | TFS 2017 | TFS 2015 | TFS 2013
From each backlog page or query, you can add or remove columns. Or, you can drag a column to a new position. Your settings persist for each page you customize and are only valid for your views.
Start by opening the Column Options dialog. Each user can set their own column options which persist for each product or portfolio backlog across user sessions.
Unlike a query result, you can't sort a backlog by a column. However, you can use the Create Query link on each backlog to create a query that you can sort on any field column you choose.
In the Column options dialog, click Add a column to add a field that isn't shown. To change the order of the fields, drag-and-drop the field where you want it within the set of selected fields. And, to remove a field, click the .
The following dialog is available from TFS 2018.2 and later versions.
Find the field you want to add from the Available columns set and click > (greater-than character) to move it into the Selected columns. You can then change the order of the columns with the / up and down arrows. To remove a field, select it and then click the < (less-than character).
Use keyboard shortcuts to change the column order, column width, or sort options
You can change the column order, column size, or sort options by using the following keyboard commands:
- To change the column order, click on the field and drag it to a new location
- To re-size a column, click the column divider to the right of the field and drag to a new location
- For query results:
- Add the field as a column in order to sort by that field
- To sort by a column, hold down the shift key and click on the field
- To reverse the sort order, shift-click on the field
- To sort by multiple columns, shift-click on each column in the order you want to sort
For additional keyboard shortcuts, enter Shift-? to display available commands based on the page you're on.