VSTS | TFS 2018 | TFS 2017 | TFS 2015 | TFS 2013
Add a custom field, a custom work item type (WIT) or modify an existing WIT. The method you use depends on whether you work in VSTS, which uses the Inheritance and Hosted XML process models, or an on-premises TFS, which uses the On-premises XML process model.
- About areas and iterations
- Inheritance process model
- Hosted XML process model
- On-premises XML process model
Use the guidance provided in the following topics based on the process model or process template that you want to customize.
Inheritance process model
Hosted XML process model
On-premises XML process model
- Index to XML element reference
- All WITD XML elements reference
- All FIELD XML elements reference
- All WORKFLOW XML elements reference
- WebLayout and Control elements
- Process configuration XML element reference