Change organizational default settings
By default, new Cloud PCs are created with the following settings:
- Account type: Standard User
- Operating system: Windows 11
- Language and region (preview): English (United States)
You can change these defaults by following these steps:
- Sign in to windows365.microsoft.com with an Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) Global Administrator account.
- Select Your organization’s Cloud PCs > Update organization settings.
- Select your preferred option for the following settings:
- Account type: Standard User or Local Administrator.
- Operating system: Windows 11 (recommended) or Windows 10.
- Language and region (preview): Sets the display language, time/date formats, and automatically installs any Features on Demand like text-to-speech and speech recognition. This setting only localizes the Windows experience. For changing the language in Microsoft 365 apps, see Language Accessory Pack for Office. If the user signs in and doesn't see the correct language, reset the Cloud PC.
- Select Save.
All new Cloud PCs will be created with the chosen settings. When these settings are changed, they won’t change the operating system, account type, or language/region of existing Cloud PCs.
You can also change your organization's default settings in the Microsoft 365 admin center. For more information, see Change your organization's address, technical contact, and more.
The 1 vCPU/2 GB RAM/64 GB storage license doesn’t support the Windows 11 minimum hardware requirements. When this license is assigned to a user, they will always receive a Windows 10 Cloud PC.
Submit and view feedback for