Access a Cloud PC
End users can access their Cloud PCs in two different ways:
- Microsoft Remote Desktop
For information on hardware requirements, see End user hardware requirements.
Windows365 web site
End users can navigate to windows365.microsoft.com to access their Cloud PCs.
To access their Cloud PC from this website, the end user's device must meet the following requirements:
- Supported operating systems: Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, Linux
- A modern browser like Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Safari, or Mozilla Firefox (v55.0 and later).
While on windows365.microsoft.com, end users can perform actions on their Cloud PCs by selecting the gear icon on a Cloud PC card.
Rename: Changes the name of the Cloud PC shown to the user on the web site. This action won’t affect any name in Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Azure Active Directory, on the device, or in the Remote Desktop Apps.
Restart: Restarts the Cloud PC.
Troubleshoot: Troubleshoot and attempt to resolve any issues that may be preventing a user from connecting to their Cloud PC. The checks run include:
- Check whether any files or agents required for connectivity are correctly installed.
- Make sure that the Azure resources are available.
Return state Description No issues detected None of the checks discovered an issue with the Cloud PC. Issues resolved An issue was detected and fixed. Can’t connect to Cloud PC. We’re working to fix it, try again later. A Microsoft service required for connectivity is unavailable. Try connecting again later. We couldn’t fix issues with your Cloud PC. Contact your administrator. An issue was detected but it couldn't be fixed. This issue exist because of an ongoing Windows update or another issue. If this error persists for an extended period of time, the Cloud PC may need to be reprovisioned.
The Microsoft Remote Desktop app lets users access and control a remote PC, including a Cloud PC.
Install the Microsoft Remote Desktop app
To set up their Remote Desktop client, users follow these steps:
- Download the Remote Desktop app from the Download App page on www.microsoft.com/windows-365?rtc=1.
- Select Subscribe.
- Enter their Azure Active Directory credentials.
- The Cloud PC appears in the list, and they can double-click it to launch.
For information about the different protocol network requirements per scenario, see Network requirements.