This is to test the confidence reporting capabilities of the Windows Precision Touchpad device.
Core requirements tested
- Verifies that the device can report a lack of confidence (by turning off the confidence bit for a contact), when a contact exceeds the sizing of an intentional finger contact.
- A 140g or 190g slug ordered from ITRI or Triex. See Hardware Requirements and Vendor Information for vendor information.
Place a 27mm-29mm diameter contact straight down onto the surface of the touchpad for at least 5 seconds. a. One of the weighted contacts from the Device Click Pressure test can be turned upside down to get a large, uniform contact.
Remove the contact. PTLogo will automatically verify that the confidence bit was cleared in the required time, and remained cleared for the contact lifetime. If no reporting errors were detected, it will automatically pass the iteration.
Common error messages
- " confidence bit set too long." The device is not clearing the confidence bit within 50ms of contact reporting.
- " test didn’t receive enough data." User lifted off of the touchpad too early.
- 1/1 (100%) iterations must pass in order to complete with passing status.