Windows Hardware Dev Center dashboard
The Windows Hardware Dev Center dashboard allows you to submit hardware for certification, and code sign and publish your drivers to Windows Update. You can also now use shipping labels to easily collaborate on driver development with your business partners.
What's new in the Windows Hardware Dev Center dashboard
The Windows Hardware Dev Center dashboard replaces the Hardware Dev Center (Sysdev) for most hardware tasks. The dashboard allows you to create and manage your submissions quickly and easily, with improved experiences for:
- HCK/HLK device certification submissions
- Publishing to Windows Update. You can now create shipping labels with promotions (critical and/or dynamic update) directly from the dashboard.
- Sharing your driver with another company (Resell)
- Customizing your driver after initial certification (DUA)
- Managing your users and legal agreements
- System/Hardware certification submissions
Currently unsupported tasks
You must continue to use Hardware Dev Center (Sysdev) to complete the following tasks:
The dashboard submission REST APIs are no longer be available for use as of November 10th, 2016. APIs for driver submissions are under consideration for a future release.
- WLK device certification submissions
- Device Metadata
- Remote Debugging (WRD)
- Win32 app certification submissions
- Certified Products List
This transition timeframe table contains estimates of when features will be available in the Windows Hardware Dev Center dashboard. Feature specific legal and administration tasks will transition when the feature transitions.
|Task||Transition timeframe||Documentation link (if available)|
|WLK device certification submissions||March 2018|
|Attestation signing||Completed||Attestation signing a kernel driver for public release|
|Hardware certification submissions||Completed||Hardware certification submissions|
|UEFI and LSA||March 2018|
|Device metadata||March 2018|
|Bug management||Migrated||Bug management|
|Remote debugging (WRD)||Retiring|
|Win32 app certification||New landing page coming soon|