The IoIsOperationSynchronous routine determines whether a given IRP represents a synchronous or asynchronous I/O request.
BOOLEAN IoIsOperationSynchronous( PIRP Irp );
Pointer to the IRP for the operation.
IoIsOperationSynchronous returns TRUE if the operation is synchronous, otherwise FALSE.
IoIsOperationSynchronous determines whether a given IRP requests a synchronous or asynchronous I/O operation, according to the following conditions:
- If the IRP requests asynchronous paging I/O, the operation is asynchronous, even if one of the other conditions is true.
- If the IRP requests synchronous paging I/O, the operation is synchronous.
- If the file object was opened for synchronous I/O, the operation is synchronous.
- If the IRP_SYNCHRONOUS_API flag is set in the IRP, the operation is synchronous. This flag is set for operations, such as ZwQueryInformationFile and ZwSetInformationFile, that are always synchronous, even when performed on a file object that was opened for asynchronous I/O.
- If none of the above conditions is true, the operation is asynchronous.
|Header||ntifs.h (include Ntifs.h)|