PNPCPU is a command line tool that performs the following functions:
- To install the tool, run Pnpcpu.exe with the -install option.
- Pnpcpu installs all relevant drivers.
- Pnpcpu updates the Boot Configuration Data store with the appropriate parameters.
- PNPCPU attempts to hot add all logical processors in the system, up to the maximum supported by the license for the installed edition.
- To remove the tool, run Pnpcpu.exe with the -uninstall option. This results in a complete undo of all steps performed by -install.
- This option leaves the binaries on the disk for subsequent reinstallation and use.