This section introduces Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS) 6.1 and describes its major design additions. NDIS 6.1 is included in the Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 (SP1) operating systems.
You should be familiar with NDIS 6.0 before learning about NDIS 6.1. For more information about NDIS 6.0, see Introduction to NDIS 6.0.
This section includes the following topics:
- Header-Data Split in NDIS 6.1
- Direct OID Request Interface in NDIS 6.1
- IPsec Task Offload Version 2 in NDIS 6.1
- NETDMA Updates in NDIS 6.1
- Implementing an NDIS 6.1 Driver
- Using NDIS 6.1 Data Structures
- Compiling an NDIS 6.1 Driver