Processing I/O Requests
UMDF 2 is the latest version of UMDF and supersedes UMDF 1. All new UMDF drivers should be written using UMDF 2. No new features are being added to UMDF 1 and there is limited support for UMDF 1 on newer versions of Windows 10. Universal Windows drivers must use UMDF 2.
For more info, see Getting Started with UMDF.
In this section
- I/O Request Processing Operation Flow
- Sending I/O Requests to Lower Drivers
- Obtaining Parameters for I/O Requests
- Canceling I/O Requests
- Completing I/O Requests
- Accessing Data Buffers in UMDF Drivers
- Reusing Framework Request Objects
- Handling Client Impersonation in UMDF 1.x Drivers
- Preventing an Imbalance of Create and Close Notifications to a Driver