UMDF Driver Tasks
UMDF 2 is the latest version of UMDF and supersedes UMDF 1. All new UMDF drivers should be written using UMDF 2. No new features are being added to UMDF 1 and there is limited support for UMDF 1 on newer versions of Windows 10. Universal Windows drivers must use UMDF 2.
For more info, see Getting Started with UMDF.
In this section
- Using Device Interfaces in UMDF Drivers
- Creating Callback Objects
- Specifying a Callback Synchronization Mode
- I/O Queue Event Callback Functions
- Configuring Dispatch Mode for an I/O Queue
- Combining Dispatch and Synchronization Modes
- Creating a File Object to Handle I/O
- Using the Registry in UMDF 1.x Drivers
- Supporting Kernel-Mode Clients in UMDF 1.x Drivers
- Viewing UMDF Objects
- Determining Why a UMDF Driver Consumes an Excessive Amount of Memory
- Summary of Debugger Extensions in Wudfext.dll