Windows ADK IoT Core Add-ons: contents
The Windows 10 IoT Core ADK Add-Ons include OEM-specific tools to create images for your IoT Core devices with your apps, board support packages (BSPs), settings, drivers, and features.
- makes IoT Core image creation process easy and simple
- enables creation of multiple images/image variants easily
- provides automation support for nightly builds
The IoT Core manufacturing guide walks you through building images with these tools.
Key XML definitions
- Package definitions (*.wm.xml) : defines a component package
- Provisioning definitions (customizations.xml) : source file for provisioning settings
- Feature manifests (*FM.xml) : defines feature composition and feature IDs
- Feature manifest List (*FMList.xml) : enumerates the FM files
- Product definitions (*OEMInputFile.xml) : specifies the product composition with the Microsoft features and OEM features included in the product
|Name||Filename.ext||ADK tool||build command||Output|
|Feature manifest list||*FMList.xml||
||MergerdFM/*FM.xml , *FIP.cab|
- Root folder
- IoTCoreShell.cmd: Launches the IoT Core Shell command-line
- README.md: Version info, links to documentation
- This is the output directory where the build contents are stored. It starts as empty.
- Architecture independent, platform independent packages
- OEMCommonFM.xml - feature manifest file that enumerates common packages and defines common features.
- Architecture specific, platform independent packages
- versioninfo.txt: Current version number.
- OEMFM.xml - the feature manifest file that enumerates arch specific packages and defines arch specific features.
- OEMFMList.xml - enumeration of OEM FM files.
- Architecture specific, platform specific packages
- <bspname>FM.xml - feature manifest that enumerates the bsp packages and defines supported device layouts and features
- <bspname>FMList.xml - enumeration of BSP FM files.
- sample oeminput files demonstrating how to use the bsp, these files are used as templates in
- architecture specific named products
- Templates used by tools to create new bsp/product
- Includes the IoT Core Add-ons command-line tools
Sample packages are provided in the iot-adk-addonkit that can be used as a reference or as is in your image, if it meets your needs. Few of such packages are listed here.
|Custom.Cmd||Package to include the oemcustomization cmd. This is product-specific and picks up the input file from product directory. This also makes an registry entry with the product name.|
|Provisioning.Auto||Package used to add a provisioning package to an image. This is product specific and picks up the input ppkg file from the product directory.|
|Registry.Version||Package containing registry settings with product and version information.|
|DeviceLayout.GPT4GB||Package with GPT drive/partition layout for UEFI-based devices with 4GB drives.|
|DeviceLayout.GPT8GB-R||Package with GPT drive/partition layout for UEFI-based devices with 8GB drives with recovery partition.|
|DeviceLayout.MBR4GB||Package with MBR drive/partition layout for legacy BIOS-based devices with 4GB drives.|
|DeviceLayout.MBR8GB-R||Package with MBR drive/partition layout for legacy BIOS-based devices with 8GB drives with recovery partition.|
|Settings.HotKey||Sample package to demonstrate how to add a registry setting to an image. Read Switching between apps for more details.|
|Security.SecureBoot||Sample package to include secure boot functionality.|
|Security.Bitlocker||Sample package to include bitlocker functionality.|
|Security.DeviceGuard||Sample package to include deviceguard policies.|
The security packages contain test contents and you should replace them with your own device specific content when creating your final image. See Security, BitLocker and Deviceguard for more details.
Applications and Services packages
|Appx.IoTCoreDefaultApp||Foreground apps package containing IoTCoreDefaultApp, see description.|
|Appx.DigitalSign||Foreground apps package containing DigitalSign, see description.|
|Appx.IoTOnboardingTask||Background apps package containing IoTOnboardingTask, see description.|
|AzureDM.Services||Service package contaiing Azure Device Management|
Source files to create board support packages (BSPs).
Some BSPs are included in each folder as a start. You can create your own BSPs based on these packages.
|Drivers.GPIO||Sample package for adding a driver.|
Source file for product configurations. Use our samples (SampleA, SampleB) or create your own.
|SampleA||Product with Microsoft provided features / apps|
|SampleB||Product using OEM Apps and OEM drivers|
|SingleLang||Product with single non english language support|
|MultiLang||Product with multiple language support|
|SecureSample||Product using security features|
|RecoverySample||Product using recovery mechanism|
|DigitalSign||Sample real life product using various features Cortana, recovery mechanism, security features, multi languages support|